What User Information Do We Collect and Why?
• User Content and Usage.The content you submit to the Services will be collected. This information includes your pictures, captions, handles, replies, votes, data of when you submitted content, where it was submitted, and other activities.
• Geo-coordinate Location Information. In order for the PikShare mobile app to function you must share your location information on your mobile device. This allows the app to populate your feed with local Piks and share your Piks with other local users. If you do not enable your location information the Services will not function.
• PikShare Account Information. When a user downloads the mobile app, the user is assigned a username. We do not collect the user’s real name, email address, or facebook.
• Information We May Collect Automatically. The following data may be automatically collected when you use the Services: the duration of use, your use Services, your actions within the Services, time of access, device ID, application ID, domain name, IP address, geo-location (with permission of user); device name, make, model, operating system information; screen views, language information. All information we collect about you may be combined.
• Social Media. PikShare maintains social media accounts and you are invited to like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and/or Instagram, as well as promote us on any social media site. We do collect the information about who likes us on Facebook and who follows us on Twitter/Instagram. This information however is not linked, associated, or combined with your PikShare account. PikShare posts are able to be shared through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media accounts.
How Do We Use User Information?
Information collected about you is generally used to operate the Services, provide customer service, technical support, and respond to user questions/requests. Additionally, your information may be used to:
• To locate your phone, in order to place you into your local PikShare community so you can post and view content around your current location.
• To personalize your experiences using the Services by sending you push notification, locally customizing and tailoring the information displayed to you.
• To send you alerts and notices.
• To display advertising that may be targeted to you based on your PikShare activities or based on your location.
• To help us analyze how users find and access our Services, in order to help us improve our Services and tailor them to the uses wants and needs, and other analytical purposes.
How Do We Share User Information?
Once content is posted on the Services, it is impossible to control who sees the content. If you don’t want something to be public don’t post it. PikShare is a social network and content posted on the Services can be shared and viewed by others, including on other social networks. We do not identify you to other users, but we cannot stop others from identifying you from the content you post and share through the Services or through third party sites.
The information we collect about you, including personally identifiable information, may be shared as follows:
• PikShare Users. All content you submit to the Services including posts, photos, comments, replies and other information may become public. Once content is posted to the Services we are not able to control how others will use the content. All posts to the Services are available to all users. No matter who posted the content, all users are freely able to share the content through third party sites and all major social media.
• Service Providers. Information we collect from you may be disclosed to third parties such as; service providers, vendors, contractors, or any agent who is working on our behalf.
• Business. If we or all or substantially all of our assets are acquired, if we merge with another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company along with our business assets.
• Third Parties and Business Partners. Information we gather about you and other users may be shared by us with our business partners such as advertisers. We do not collect your name or contact information unless you have posted it to the Services. We may also share information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
• Legal Process. We may disclose user information to government authorities, and to other third parties when compelled to do so by government authorities, at our discretion, or otherwise as required by law, including but not limited to court orders and subpoenas. We do not collect your name or contact information, but we may share the information we do collect.
• Our Services are not to be used by individuals under 18 years old. Our services were not created to be used by children under 13. If we find that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with any personal information it will be deleted from our system.
• Users are able to delete any content they post to PikShare. When a user deletes their own content it will no longer be able to be viewed by other users. PikShare, however, may keep a copy of such content.
• PikShare does send push notifications and alerts to your mobile device. You are free to deactivate these push notifications by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
• We may display in-app ads, and we may display targeted ads based on your activities in the Services, your location, and other information.
• Links, contained in our Services, to third-party websites and the use to such linked sites is not governed by this Policy. Third party websites are governed by the privacy policies of those websites.
• We are permitted to use third parties to analyze the usage of our Services. This includes the use of automated devices and application. These tools will help us to analyze and customize our Services to the wants and needs of the users. We do not share user’s personal information with these third parties.
If you would like to speak with us about any Privacy aspects of PikShare or would like to make complaints or suggestions, please contact us at http://www.pikshareapp.com/support
Changes to this Policy